- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, jalapeño and bell pepper and continue cooking for 5 minutes, until the vegetables start to soften.
- Stir in taco sauce, oregano, chili powder, salt, cumin and paprika until the vegetables are well coated. Add in vegetable broth, fire roasted tomatoes, lime juice, black beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Simmer for 25-30 minutes, then stir in the cilantro and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve topped with tortilla strips (instructions below), sliced avocado, cilantro, fresh lime wedges, etc.
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice tortillas in half, then cut into 1/2″ strips. Toss tortilla strips with olive oil, salt and chili powder to taste.
- Arrange in an even layer with no overlap on baking sheet. Bake for 4-5 minutes, then remove from the oven and carefully flip over each strip using tongs. Return to the oven for additional 3-5 minutes, until crispy and light golden brown.